What is Debt Settlement?
Debt settlement is a negotiated agreement in which a creditor accepts less than the full amount owed by the debtor – sometimes significantly less – to legally settle that debt. There may be considerable risks to this debt relief option. It is not accepted by all lenders and can damage your credit score for several years.
Also referred to as debt negotiation or debt resolution, debt settlement is designed for people who can no longer afford to make the required minimum payments. It could also be for those considering bankruptcy or credit counseling. It offers one, low monthly program payment and may help people resolve their debts relatively quickly. Debt settlement cannot help with secured debts, such as a mortgage or auto loan.
Square One Financial Group doesn’t negotiate lower interest rates or send payments to your creditors. Instead, it will negotiate with your creditors to settle for less than what is owed on the outstanding debt. Meanwhile, you will stop paying your creditors and instead make monthly payments into a special trust account set up in your name. Once your account reaches the necessary balance required, Square One’s debt settlement affiliates will pay the agreed upon settlement amount. Creditors are often willing to settle your debts in order to avoid lengthy collections or lose repayment altogether due to bankruptcy.
The Square One debt settlement program allows you to:
- Reduce your overall unsecured debt
- Arrange a program with available terms of 24 – 48 months
- Resolve unsecured debt as an alternative to Bankruptcy, Debt Consolidation or Credit Counseling.
- Get assistance with collection calls
- Drastically reduce your monthly debt payments
If you’re struggling with your debt, want to reduce your monthly payment and want to resolve your debt within 24-48 months, then debt settlement may be the right solution for you. We take a look at your situation and your goals to create a program that has the greatest chance for success. Call Square One Financial Group to speak with a Certified Debt Consultant today. (866) 611-6838
- Huge savings when compared with making minimum payments
- Out of debt much faster than when making minimum payments
- One low monthly payment to cover unsecured debt
- You Pay No Fees Until Our Negotiators Settle Your Debt
- Negative impact to your credit score
- Collection calls
- Possible tax consequences